Whelson is not responsible for the loading and off-loading of goods, unless prior arrangements have been agreed upon in writing. The correct legal dimensions and weight distribution over the axles (truck and trailer) is the responsibility of the customer. Any fines and additional costs resulting from illegal dimensions and/or weight distribution will be for the customer’s account.
It shall be the express responsibility of the customer to ensure that:
- All goods loaded shall be in such condition as to enable due off-loading to be freely effected at the point of destination of such off-loading; and
- Suitable access and off-loading facilities and adequate labour and equipment will be provided for the due off-loading of the goods at the point of destination; and
- The goods are off-loaded into the correct tank, vessel or container store or warehouse, as the case may be; and
- Loading and off-loading will be possible at the agreed points and during such hours and days as the parties have agreed.
- The customer warrants that if any goods require special appliances for loading upon or off-loading from the vehicle, those applications will be available at the point of collection or place of delivery of the goods.
- If for any reason goods are left on Whelson’s vehicle and/or delivered to Whelson’s premises to suit the convenience of the customer, such goods are held at the sole risk of the customer. Pending forwarding and delivery, goods may be warehoused or otherwise held at any place or places at the sole discretion of Whelson at the customer’s risk and expense.